Having trouble with creative block while attempting to write that essay assignment? Are you struggling with writing and rewriting the same thought over and over when trying to think of good essay topics? The task of inventing a creative essay topic can sometimes pose a problem, especially when you are preoccupied with various different tasks simultaneously.
Multitasking with obligations and assignments can be exhausting for all students: ranging from middle school to college students. Attending multiple classes with totally different contents can make it challenging to keep up with each individual class and the respective coursework that unescapably comes with it. When you are burnt out from all that coursework, essay topic ideas may be hard to think of. This is why a smart step to take, which will save you a lot of time, is to reach out to writing essay services.
Writing your essay requires attention and dedication. Sometimes you may find yourself in an overwhelming situation where you are unable to think of good essay ideas, especially if you have a tight looming deadline. Fortunately, you have come to the right place, for here you will find a variety of interesting essay writing topics. These topics will most likely save you plenty of time to do your other tasks and coursework.
In this article you will find a multitude of different and easy essay topics. Whether your task is to write a compare and contrast essay, or a descriptive essay, you will find all the essay topics you need in the list below.
List Of Essay Topics Ideas
This is a list containing topic ideas for the different kinds of essays there are. In this list you will find the topic that you need, regardless of whether you are a high school student looking for some inspiration, or a student looking doing research. Essay topics include the following:
Argumentative Essay Topics
The aim of the argumentative essay is to present your point of view on a certain topic through logical arguments supported by evidence which will reinforce the position you have taken. Some topics include:
- Should higher education be free for everyone?
- Are tests such as SAT effective?
- Should capital punishment be activated in every country?
- Should alcohol usage be controlled?
- Do violent video games need to be banned?
Persuasive Essay Topics
When writing a persuasive essay, the author should convince the reader in some idea, or engage the reader in a call-for-action through relevant data and facts. Topics include:
- Social media contributes to feelings of isolation
- Should the minimum wage be increased?
- A relaxed dress code should/should not be allowed in the workplace
- Corporations should/should not be allowed to advertise in schools
- Fracking needs to be banned
Compare and Contrast Essay Ideas
The compare and contrast essay serves as means to compare and contrast two objects/people, or two groups of objects/people, in terms of some notable characteristics both parties have. For instance:
- Bruce Wayne vs. Light Yagami
- Nature vs Nurture
- Traditional yoga vs Western Yoga
- E-sports vs Traditional sports
- The female characters in Shakespeare’s Richard III and As You Like It
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
The aim of the cause and effect essay is to analyze the reasons behind some cause – something that has happened or something that exists, as well as the results of the given thing. Topics include:
- The effect divorce has on children
- How a long-distance relationship affects both parties?
- What are some causes behind homelessness?
- Effects mobile phones have on teenagers
- What causes student burnout?
Narrative Essay Topics
The goal of the narrative essay is to tell a story, usually based on personal experience. This kind of essay needs to contain an introduction, a main part, which needs to contain the heart of the story, and a conclusion, where you need to sum up the main points of the essay. Topics include:
- Write about a time when you overcame a big obstacle
- Write about the most terrifying moment of your life
- Write about a time when you became better at something by practicing
- Write about a time when you learned something new about yourself
- Write about a time when you gained valuable experience through taking a risk
Informative Essay Topics
The goal of writing an informative essay is to inform your readers on a certain topic. For instance:
- Advances in technology
- Ballroom dancing
- Natural disasters
Definition Essay Topics
The definition essay serves as means to define a certain concept or term through examples. Some good topics include:
- The American Dream
Expository Essay Topics
When writing an expository essay, the author needs to explain a certain topic in a logical manner.
- How to get a college scholarship?
- How to help a suicidal person?
- How food stamps work
- What is electronic paper
- How one becomes a psychiatrist
Controversial Essay Topics
The purpose of the controversial essay is to provoke the reader into taking your opinion into account or persuading the reader in the belief you have written in your essay. Some instances of controversial topics are:
- Existing public school policies need to be changed
- Gun control is/is not an effective way to control crime
- Same-sex marriages should be forbidden
- Advantages of living in a monarchy
- Will artificial intelligence conquer the human race?
Descriptive Essay Topics
The purpose of the descriptive essay is to create a picture of a person, object, or place through detailed observation. The author needs to bring its subject to life by providing powerful descriptions. Topics include:
- Describe your ideal home
- Describe your ideal vacation resort
- Describe your best friend
- Describe a celebrity you would like to meet
- Describe the most comfortable piece of furniture in your home
- Describe your favorite hangout
Problem Solution Essay Topics
The purpose of the problem-solution essay is to present a certain problem and then propose a viable solution to the problem presented, while explaining why that particular solution is better than other possible solutions. Some interesting topics include:
- How can academic dishonesty be prevented?
- How can social media bullying be prevented?
- How can you move out from the “friend zone”?
- What is the best way to prevent teenage pregnancy?
- What is the best way to prevent drug abuse in teenagers?
- How can you avoid procrastination in college?
Classification Essay Topics
The aim of the classification essay is to illustrate different types or varieties of a certain object or thing. For instance, you can showcase the various kinds of:
- Study habits
- Work habits
- Online educational resources
- TV shows
- Dancing styles
- Rock music
Process Essay Topics
The aim of the process essay is to illustrate how to do something. The process essay basically serves as a chronological tutorial on a certain topic. For example:
- How to lose weight in a healthy manner
- How to stop smoking
- How to overcome insomnia
- How to keep peace with a roommate
- How to wash a jacket
- How to edit a video
Personal Essay Topics
A personal essay is written from the perspective of the author. This type of essay usually contains examples from the author’s life, which serve as support to the main topic. What makes this kind of essay different from the rest is the ubiquitous use of the personal pronoun “I” and the allowed personal bias. Topics include:
- The bravest moment in your life
- What makes your mother/father special
- An awkward experience you had
- An event which drastically changed your life
- Your fondest memory
- A disappointment you have experienced
Illustration Essay Topics
An illustration essay is a kind of essay in which the writer tries to evoke a picture in the mind of the reader. The illustration essay needs to contain examples of people, objects, or situations which will evoke an image in the mind of the reader, and in turn help the reader gain a deeper understanding of the given topic. For example:
- Illustrate the manner in which scientists conduct research
- Explain the job of the HR manager
- Explain how coaches decide whether a player needs to be taken out of a game because of an injury
- Describe the steps of choosing a college to attend
- Illustrate how to write a good resume
College Application Essay Topics
The purpose of the application essay is to showcase your best qualities to the admission committee. A successful college application essay should reveal the characteristics which make you stand out from the sea of applicants. Excellent topics include:
- Describe a person who has influenced you
- Try to answer the question “Why this college“
- Describe a book that changed your life
- Illustrate a significant experience you had and its impact on your personality
- Discuss some issue of national concern along with its impact on you
- Describe a historical figure who had an impact of an opinion you had
Rhetorical Analysis Essay Topics
The goal of the rhetorical analysis essay is to analyze the ways in which a certain speaker or writer tries to convey a point through the usage of rhetorical devices. The task of the author is to break down these rhetorical devices and analyze how they are used to convince the audience of a given message. Topics include:
- Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation
- John F. Kennedy’s 1963 speech in West Berlin
- Hamlet’s monologue ‘To be or not to be’
- Lou Gehrig’s “Luckiest Man” speech
- William Wallace’s speech about freedom in “Braveheart”
If you ever feel like you need some inspiration, remember that you can always come back to this great list of research essay topics. You will surely find what you are looking for in this comprehensive list of interesting topics: regardless of whether you are looking to appear funny or serious, we have you covered!